Karin Duchin Haber, Esq.
Ms. Haber graduated with honors and Phi Beta Kappa from Goucher College in 1974. She received the Elizabeth King Ellicott Fellowship for Graduate Studies. Ms. Haber graduated from Temple University School of Law in 1977.
Ms. Haber specializes in Family Law matters, including divorce, dissolution of civil unions, custody related matters, domestic violence matters, and divorce mediation and arbitration. She has substantial experience in Landlord/Tenant, Real Estate and other General Commercial Litigation matters.
Ms. Haber is currently a member of the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association and serves as a Family Law Early Settlement Panelist in Morris County. She serves on the District X Ethics Committee and was Chair of the Fee Arbitration Committee for the Morris/Sussex vicinage. She is a certified divorce mediator, served on the Family Law Pilot Mediation Program in New Jersey, and does private mediation and arbitration. She also serves on a Family Court Liaison Committee for the Morris/Sussex vicinage.
During her years of practice, Ms. Haber has handled and tried multiple non-jury and jury cases, has successfully argued numerous cases before the Appellate Division resulting in reported and unreported decisions, and has argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court. She has handled Federal District Court matters and has tried and won a Hague Convention Custody Dispute resulting in a reported decision by the Federal District Court.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Family Law including Divorce, Custody, Mediation etc.
- 10% Commercial Litigation
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Contested Divorces, Uncontested Divorces
- Child Custody / Out of Site Custody Proceedings
- Visitation/ Parenting Time
- Child Support/ Child Support Modification
- Spousal Support, Spousal Maintenance, Alimony
- Equitable Distribution of Property Complex Property Division
- Property Settlement Agreements Involving Business, Real Estate, Stock Options
- Domestic Partners
- Father's Rights
- Grandparent's Rights
- Parental Relocation and Move Aways
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Domestic Violence
- Mediation and Arbitration
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Mediator
- New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1977
- Goucher College, Towson, Maryland
- B.A. - 1974
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Coffey vs. Coffey, 286 N.J. Super. 42 (A.D. 1995)
- Ross vs. Ross, 308 N.J. Super. 132 (A.D. 1998)
- Sasson vs. Sasson, 327 F.Supp.2d 489 (D.N.J. 2004)
- High School Mock Trial Coach, SSDS, 1994 - 2003
Honors and Awards
- Elizabeth King Ellicott Fellowship for Graduate Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Fee Arbitration Committee
- District X Ethics Committee
- Morris County Early Settlement Panel
- Morris/Sussex Family Court Liaison Committee