E-mail MeKarin Duchin Haber Esq.
Ms. Haber graduated with honors and Phi Beta Kappa from Goucher College in 1974. She received the Elizabeth King Ellicott Fellowship for Graduate Studies. Ms. Haber received her Juris Doctor from Temple University School of Law in 1977.
Ms. Haber specializes in family law matters including divorce, dissolution of civil unions, custody related matters, domestic violence matters, and divorce mediation and arbitration. She has substantial experience in landlord-tenant, real estate and other general commercial litigation matters.
During her years of practice, Ms. Haber has handled and tried multiple non-jury and jury cases, has successfully argued numerous cases before the Appellate Division resulting in reported and unreported decisions, and has argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court. She has handled Federal District Court matters and has tried and won a Hague Convention Custody Dispute resulting in a reported decision by the Federal District Court. Ms. Haber has been appointed as a Guardian ad Litem, Discovery Master and mediator in several New Jersey matters.
Ms. Haber currently sits on the Supreme Court Family Practice Committee. She is a member of the Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court, the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and the Family Law Section of the Morris County Bar Association. Ms. Haber volunteers as a Family Law Early Settlement Panelist in Morris County and served on the District X Ethics Committee and was Chair of the Fee Arbitration Committee for the Morris/Sussex vicinage.
Ms. Haber is a certified matrimonial mediator, she has served on the Family Law Pilot Mediation Program in New Jersey, and does private mediation and arbitration. For several years she also served on the Family Court Liaison Committee for the Morris/Sussex vicinage.
Ms. Haber has many unreported and reported decisions. Her reported decisions are as follows:
• Coffey v. Coffey, 286 N.J. Super. 42 (A.D. 1995)
• Ross v. Ross, 308 N.J. Super. 132 (A.D. 1998)
• Sasson v. Sasson, 327 F.Supp.2d 489 (D.N.J. 2004)
• Morgan v. Leary, 205 N.J. 50 (2011)
• Minkowitz v. Israeli, 433 N.J. Super. 111 (App.Div. 2013)
Areas of Practice
- 90% Family Law including Divorce, Custody, Mediation etc.
- 10% Commercial Litigation
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Contested Divorces, Uncontested Divorces
- Child Custody / Out of Site Custody Proceedings
- Visitation/ Parenting Time
- Child Support/ Child Support Modification
- Spousal Support, Spousal Maintenance, Alimony
- Equitable Distribution of Property Complex Property Division
- Property Settlement Agreements Involving Business, Real Estate, Stock Options
- Domestic Partners
- Father's Rights
- Grandparent's Rights
- Parental Relocation and Move Aways
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Domestic Violence
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Landlord Tenant
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Mediator
- New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1977
- Goucher College, Towson, Maryland
- B.A. - 1974
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- High School Mock Trial Coach, SSDS, 1994 - 2003
Honors and Awards
- Elizabeth King Ellicott Fellowship for Graduate Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, Member
- Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Master
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Fee Arbitration Committee
- District X Ethics Committee
- Morris County Early Settlement Panel
- Morris/Sussex Family Court Liaison Committee